The Q&A Archives: What kind of pants will be hardy and easy to take care of in apartment living?

Question: I live in an apartment and I am a gardening novice. I have a small patio with big ideas. I'd like to make a garden of potted flowers and plants and maybe a small tree or two. What kind of plants will be hardy and easy to take care of in aparement living?

Answer: Jessica,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

There are actually quite a few plants that would work. I'd try Mystic Spires Salvia, Angelonia, Purslane (hanging basket), Yellow Bells (Tecoma stans) which needs a very large container, and Pentas (part shade).