The Q&A Archives: Leggie Plumeria

Question: I have a very leggie Plumeria in my yard. it is about 5 feet high, but just has these 3 long (4 foot long) leafless legs coming from the base of the plant before it has triple branches and leaves and flowers. How do I trim up this leggie plant so it does not look so strange and grows better? Thanks

Answer: David,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

That growth habit is common for plumeria. Whenever you cut a shoot back it will often resprout but not necessarily enough to improve the fullness of the plant. The following web site offer more info on how to grow plumerias: