The Q&A Archives: weeds in my lawn

Question: How best to treat my lawn for weeds at this time here in central Florida.

Answer: Jose,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Now that the temps are warmed up above 85 degrees it is best to not use a broadleaf weed killer product as it can damage St. Augustine and certain other turf species. For now the best bet is to either hand pull, hoe, or spot treat individual weeds with a product in a dab on or wiper type applicator. You can also just mow them with the turf for now and plant on treating in fall or early spring too.