The Q&A Archives: what is eating my plants?

Question: I have moon bay nandina I can see some leaves are missing like something is eating them. What can I buy for this type of plant to kill what every is eating

Answer: Harry,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

The best remedy for those leaf eating insects depends on which insects are causing it. Not all products are equally effective against all insects. If you can find a few and have them identified that would be best. As an alternative a general purpose insecticide such as acephate would probably be a good first try.