The Q&A Archives: Propagating

Question: I tried planting a 60 foot living fence with Hibiscus Bushes to hide my neighbors messy yard but still allow the wind; but every year the Hibiscus bushes that are most exposed freeze (even covered)and it has gotten expensive to keep replacing them. I have tried propagating them with root hormone and in water and I'm not having much luck. What am I doing wrong?

Answer: Janice,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

If your question is how to propagate hibiscus the following web site can help guide you through the details:

If you are wanting another shrub choice for the hedge, check out this web site: