The Q&A Archives: miami heat

Question: I don't know anything about gardening. I want to create a garden in my backyard. I recently made a little pond/waterfall. I want to put tropical, low maintenece plants that will compliment the waterfall. Also I need ones that will have be able to handle the miami soil and heat and the summer rains. I would like greens and colors. I appreciate your help.

Answer: Wendy,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Your garden sounds like it is off to a great start! Your question is really many in one. In order to answer it with the most helpful information let me refer you to the following web sites for Florida gardeners: