The Q&A Archives: Mango tree. fruits fall off before ripening

Question: I have a mango tree for the last 7 years. It is a beautiful tree; every year is full of flowers and small mangoes appear, but soon they start falling and I haven't been able to get any ripe mangoes from it. I have used copper fungicide, it is well fertilized and watered, but to no avail. What else can I do?

Answer: Joaquin,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Very strange about your mango. I suggest you speak to your County Extension Office as the are up to date about specific problems that might be affecting those plants in your area.

For more on growing a mango in Florida see the following web site: