The Q&A Archives: How to get rid of bugs

Question: I was told that on my houseplants I have something called scale. How do I get rid of this and with what.

Answer: If they are in the soft crawler stage they can be treated with insecticidal soap. They can also be treated with a horticultural oil spray. Be sure to read and carefully follow all of the label directions including for repeat applications and for which plants soap/oil can be used on. Scale can be very hard to control, so if you have one or two plants that are badly infested you may want to consider discarding them to prevent the scale from migrating to your other plants.

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by mcash70 and is called "Moss on a log"