The Q&A Archives: What do you use to get rid of bugs without hurting plants organic and non organic

Question: How about soap?
Do these hurt me and the plants? What is best so I d
on't kill my plants and I...

Also, how do I get calcium in ground? Is there something I can buy? CAn calcium vitamins be used?

Answer: Martiele,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Your question is really many in one so I'll try to give a general reply and if you have additional specific questions please post them individually. The best and safest products to use for pests are:
Insecticidal soap - for small soft bodied pests like aphids and mites
Horticultural oil - for small soft bodied pests like aphids and mites; and also scale
B.t. - for caterpillars