The Q&A Archives: Aphids a problem

Question: I have an Angel Trumpet plant & have lost it twice due to aphids. I spray outside bug spray but they are still there & eat the leaves until I have to cut it down again. What can I do to get rid of those pesky aphids? Please help!

Answer: Donna,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Try using a product with pyrethrum or one with insectidical soap. Spray very early in the morning and direct the spray upward from beneath the plant. If this doesn't work those pests are not aphids and you should take them in to your local County Extension Office and see if they can identify the problem and if necessary prescribe an appropriate remedy.