The Q&A Archives: Rabbits in the flowers!!

Question: How can I keep rabbits from eating my Delphiniums?

Answer: The quickest, most effective way to protect your delphiniums is to make a cylinder out of chicken wire and place it around each plant, burying the bottom into the soil 3-4". It keeps bunnies from munching on the plants.

Spraying a repellent on the plants can also discourage them. Hot pepper products work quite well and will not hurt the rabbits. Here is a site that sells a repellent called "Hare-Less". Check it out, I think you'll find it humorous:

The following Internet company also offers products for repelling rabbits and other varmints: Whatever Works 1-800-49WORKS (800-499-6757) Type "rabbits" in the search box at their website. Thanks for the question. Best wishes for a wonderful gardening season. Please stop in again soon!