The Q&A Archives: name the best soil and food sourse

Question: name the best soil and food sourse for my little vegetable garden i have tomatos and green peppers thanks Lee Roy

Answer: Lee Roy,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

I like to use regular turf fertilizer with a 3-1-2 ratio of nutrients for most of my vegetable gardening. With crops that have fruit or roots I will band something with a higher middle number down the row below the seeds or transplants prior to planting. A handful of bone meal works good for that too. Work it into the soil in the bottom of the planting hole for your tomatoes and peppers. When they are starting to set fruit continue to feed with the turf type fertilizer.