The Q&A Archives: clover and creeping charlie

Question: What can I use on my lawn to get rid of clover and creeping charlie?

Answer: Both clover and creeping charley can be controlled with a broadleaf herbicide containing 2,4-D and MCPP as its active ingredients. There is a potential for the herbicide to damage or even kill any woody or broad-leafed vegetation that it comes in contact with, so use it with caution. If you have areas with more creeping charlie and clover than lawn, you may wish to start over. Strip it off with a sod lifter (a hand tool), a sod cutter (a power tool) or apply glyphosate (a non-selective herbicide, sold as Roundup) to kill the entire area. Then you can reseed or sod.

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Coreopsis"