The Q&A Archives: Type of lawns

Question: I recently bought a house and I have notice that hald of the front yard has a different type of grass. I am not sure how to compensate that. Could I put some seeds on the lawn? If not what is the type of grass that looks like the golf grass? Thin and soft??

Answer: Alex,

I apologize for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

I don't know that there is much for you to do other than either leave the lawn as is and just mow and ignore it, or kill one part with a herbicide and replant it to match the other part. The grass you see on golf courses is bermuda, usually a semi dwarf variety such as Tif 419.