Question: Hi,I have two questions about this plant. I've had it for about 3 yrs and have grown it successfully from about a 1 ft height to its current 3-3 1/2 foot height. It's in a 14

Answer: You should be able to root the shoot in water without problem. As for the browning tips, in a containerized plant it could mean fertilizer burn, air that's too dry, or chemicals in the tap water. You can cut the brown tips off to restore the beauty of the leaves. Use distilled water or set the container of water you plan to use on your plants out on the countertop overnight to allow the chemicals to evaporate. when you fertilize, use a water soluable fertilizer such as Shultz's, Peter's or Miracle Gro and use a half-strength dilution applied every 2-3 weeks. This will ensure you don't over-fertilize and burn the foliage.

Best wishes with your plant!