The Q&A Archives: I've had liles of the valley on the north side of my house for 10 years, and this year, there are m

Question: I've had lilies of the valley on the north side of my house for 10 years, without any problems, and this year, they came up and bloomed beautifully, but now ALL of the remaining leaves have small, brown spots on them. They can range from 1 spot per leaf to multiple; and it involves ALL of the leaves. Nothing has changed; what's wrong?

Answer: Based on your description it sounds like a disease problem. I would suggest you contact your local county extension to obtain a specific diagnosis of the problem and based on knowing that, determine how to treat it. If a chemical control is needed, they will have the most up to date information on what to use and how/when is best to apply it for maximum results. In the meantime, you may find the following information interesting, it also includes contact information for your local office:

I hope it is nothing too serious.