The Q&A Archives: Dogwood Tree

Question: The top of my tree dosn't have manl leaves annd it seems to be getting worse each year. Any suggestions? No big deal I can cutt it down if I have to. Thanks

Answer: Based on your description this could be stress induced and/or related to dogwood anthracnose or a borer problem. It is always a shame to lose a tree. You might want to consult with your local Penn State county extension to obtain a more specific diagnosis and based on knowing that, decide what to do. If it is a larger and valuable tree or important in your landscape, you might consider an on-site consultation with a professionally trained and ISA certified arborist with experience in ornamental trees. I'm sorry I can't be more specific long distance.