Answer: What you are seeing are the above ground portions of the mushrooms and slime mold. The underground portions are feeding on decaying organic matter in the soil or in the mulch. As soon as that is used up, or as soon as conditions are no longer suitable to them, they will stop on their own. They will not harm living plants and are a natural part of the process of decay and soil rejuvenation. I am not aware of any recommended treatments to stop them. If you are watering often, you might try cutting back to an occasional deep watering rather than frequent light sprinklings, sometimes this can allow the soil surface and top inch or so to dry enough that it discourages these from growing. It is also better for your plants to water deeply less often rather than a daily light sprinkling.
Q&A Library Searching Tips