The Q&A Archives: mushrooms

Question: how does one get rid of mushrooms growing flower beds on mulch? thank you in advance for your help.

Answer: The mushrooms are a natural part of the decay process whereby the mulch is broken down and eventually helps feed the soil. The mushrooms will not hurt your plants and it is not necessary to remove them (unless you are worried that a child or pet might eat them). They will usually stop on their own once the weather turns drier and/or they have exhausted their food source. In the meantime, turning the mulch or fluffing it up will dry the mulch out and stop the mushrooms from growing.

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Coreopsis"