The Q&A Archives: Best plants for full sun

Question: Hello,

My home faces the north so we get full sun exposure year round in the front and back yards. I don't have a lot of time to devote to gardening but I want it to look nice. I have palm trees birds of paradise and banana plants, but I am interested in finding a hearty flower that can stand up to the South Florida sun. I have an in ground irrigation system (sprinkler) so water isn't a problem (at least when there's no draught).

Please let me know what would be best, also if you have recommendations for fruit, vegetables, tropical plants or trees that you can recommend that are low maintenance and can withstand full sun, I would appreciate it!

Thank you and regards,

Answer: Kathleen,

Your question is really many in one so in order to provide you with more information on those topics than I can fit in this brief reply let me refer you to the following web sites: