The Q&A Archives: Endless Summer hydrangea

Question: Hi,

I got two of the Endless Summer hydrangea, they are planted about 50 feet from each other and are in the same light and watering condition, both 2-years old plants. This kind of hydrangea is supposed to bloom on new woods.

One bush is in the full bloom right now, while the other one does not have flower at all. What could be the reason and what should I do to encourage the second bush to bloom?

Answer: There's really no reason for your Endless Summer hydrangea not to bloom other than it is taking its time becoming established in your yard. Some adjust more quickly than others. As long as it looks otherwise healthy, it should bloom for you. Perhaps later this summer, but most certainly by next year. Just continue to give it good care and it will adjust - and bloom prolifically!