The Q&A Archives: globe arborvitae

Question: Have many globe arborvitae planted in March 2007, most are green with exception of 3 yellowish with green insides. Had root fed and soil amended toward acid (did not fully take yet) added dried blood powder. What else can I do to green up with nitrogen without burning. Thank you. You are a GREAT website. CARYL

Answer: Based on your description I am not able to diagnose the specific cause of the yellowing. It might be due to a disease or insect problem, poor rooting, poor planting technique, under or over watering, or a soil problem. I would suggest you work with your local county extension to try to determine the cause of the yellowing. Based on knowing that, you can determine how to proceed. I'm sorry I can't be more specific for you long distance.