The Q&A Archives: pine tree

Question: I live in loxahatchee , florida. There is a tall pine tree in my yard. I do not have the correct species of pine. But is is dead or dying. I want to save it. what do I do. other than watering it. There are approximately 18 pine trees on my property. Could you give me the correct name. And How to take care of them.

Thank you

Answer: Annette,

I can't tell what pine you have in your yard as there are many species that it could be. If the pine is browning there is little you can do for it at this time. If the area is dry a good soaking of a large area is helpful if not too late. I would not worry about fertilizing now. You may also want to contact your County Extension Office and see if they can identify the problem and if necessary prescribe an appropriate remedy.