The Q&A Archives: Landscaping

Question: I would like to know if someone can come to my house and help me design a landscape that I will install myself.
Kristin Zarabia

Answer: That type of project is within the scope of a professionally trained and degreed landscape architect, or it can be done by a landscape designer or garden designer. Some (not all) will be willing to work on an hourly basis or project basis to consult with you and/or draw up a plan you can do yourself. Prices tend to vary widely as do levels of expertise.

Unfortunately, we are not able to recommend anyone through this Q&A service. You might check with your local store, with your local county extension office, with local nurseries and with friends and neighbors to see if someone can give you a recommendation. You should try to interview several people or firms before you select one. Good luck with your project!