The Q&A Archives: brown spots

Question: what would cause brown spots/yellow leaves on my double impatiens--this is the first year I have had trouble with them

Answer: Based on your description this is a disease problem. Remove the affected leaves and dispose of them in the trash. Also do a very thorough clean up of all the plants and their debris this fall to try to limit reinfection next year. Avoid wetting the foliage when you water. Also consider taking a sample to your local Rutgers extension to see if they can identify the problem specifically and based on knowing that, decide what to do. If a chemical control is needed, they will have the most up to date information on what to use and how/when to apply it for maximum results. I'm sorry I can't be more specific for you long distance.