The Q&A Archives: I seem to keep my bermuda grass healthy looking

Question: I tried spraying fertilizer, bug killer for various bugs possibly eating grass and I still can't seem to keep this grass looking healthy, I have some blades that are green and other that is dead...its particularly noticable when I mow the lawn???what am I to do?

Answer: Linda,

Bermudagrass tends to be green on top and brown in the interior of the lawn. If you mow infrequently the green gets cut off leaving the brown to show through. The more often you mow the greener and denser the lawn will be. Your lawn's problem may well be an insect or disease. The best way is to have it diagnosed. I suggest you contact your local County Extension Office and see about bringing in a sample and perhaps a photo of the lawn for them to look over. They can tell you how to take a good sample so they can effectively diagnose the problem. Their contact info is:

3245 College Ave, Davie, FL 33314
Phone: (954) 370-3725