The Q&A Archives: Which zone am I in?

Question: I am very new at this and cannot figure out which zone I am in. I would like to plant colorful plants that give a beachy feel being by the coast. I love the big bushes (rather vague I know) with the bright colored flowers,pink light pink purple white. They are everywhere down here but I do not know the name of them. They get really big too I think. Sorry for the lack of knowledge on my part! Thanks

Answer: Unfortunately you have not included your zip code with your question ( it would also be helpful if you indicated the state as well), or I would check your zone for you. You can use the form at the following page to check it:

The shrubs you are describing might be crepe myrtles or Lagerstroemia indica. Here is some information about them you may find helpful.

I hope that is the plant you are thinking of.