The Q&A Archives: landscape

Question: Hello i hope you can helped me i live in Riverview i'm try to fix my garden from my husband miss it up in the beteeew having 2 kids he would get all the leave out of the yard and put it in there now most of the have gone now i went to get to rake will off of stuffed don't belone there but i have little roots it hard to get up its not root that come from thr tree it like lots of litte one what will be a good tool use i have rake hole and a Garden Claw

Thank you

Answer: Tammy,

I'm not sure I understand your question but I will try to answer as best I can. You can use a spading fork to loosen the soil in that garden area. Then as you loosen the soil remove the roots that come up as you use the spading fork. You may need to use a shovel to cut some of the roots. This will prepare the soil for planting. If there are leaves in the area just mix them into the soil because they will decompose into the soil and make it better for growing plants.