The Q&A Archives: Green Lake Gladioli

Question: I have been trying without success to find a green or Jade colored gladioli. I believe one exists that is called GreenLake. Any idea where I might obtain this variety?

Answer: I couldn't locate 'Green Lake' but I did locate 3 other green varieties. Dutch Gardens offers 'Erin', and 'Spring Green'. Van Bourgondien Bulbs offers 'Green Spire'. You can reach Dutch Gardens at 1-800-818-3861. Van Bourgondien can be reached at 1-800-552-9996. The only questionable area with Van Bourgondien is this variety was listed in their wholesale catalog but not their retail. The wholesale catalog requires a $50.00 minimum purchase. However, I have foundthat sometimes if you are really nice with the customer service folks, you can get a wholesale variety through the retail end. Worth a try.