The Q&A Archives: Decorative Pepper Plant

Question: What is the best way to take care of my new pepper plant? How many times do I water it in a week and do I leave it out in the sun? Is it brought indoor in the winter?

Answer: The ornamental peppers are grown both as bedding plants for front-of-the-border display or as a pot plant for table decoration. In the garden it does best in sunny, fertile soils with just average care. As a pot plant it is usually purchased with a full head of fruit and will remain attractive for six weeks even with minimal care. Water when the top half-inch of soil dries out. Pests and diseases don?t bother the plant. You can grow it indoors as a houseplant during the winter months. Provide bright light and allow the soil to dry out slightly between waterings.

Best wishes with your ornamental pepper plant!