The Q&A Archives: Lemon Trees - Iron

Question: I have a lisbon lemon tree (purchased at Home Depot). It is in the ground. It is 1-2 years old.
Growing pretty well. Leaves have yellow-white streaks. They are really visible in the sun on a hot day. Not so evident on a cooler day.

I thought the tree needed iron and purchased some. I also purchased some citrus-avacado food.

If I give the tree iron, should I refrain from giving other fertilizers (Citrus-Avacado Food)?

Thank you.
Doris Powell

Answer: Check the label of the Citrus and Avocado fertilizer. It should contain nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium, plus essential micronutrients (calcium, iron, manganese and zinc). If it contains iron, you won't need to apply iron separately. If it does not contain the micronutrients I've listed, you can apply iron when you apply the fertilizer. Good luck with your lemon tree!

Today's site banner is by clintbrown and is called "Dicentra"