The Q&A Archives: Planting

Question: I purchased a hibiccus plant from your store. The tag gave the instructions for pot planting. It was in the perennials section. Is it a houseplant are out door plant. And if a perennial outdoor plant. I would like to know the care of a jade plant.

Answer: There are two different types of hibiscus soil. The tropical hibiscus, with shiny, deep green leaves and single, bright red trumpet shaped flowers is a houseplant. The other hibiscus is also called rose of Sharon. It has dull green leaves and usually blooms in a cluster. This is an outdoor plant. Both are perennials if given the right growing condtions.

Jade plants make great houseplants. They need well draining soils, regular moisture and bright light.

Best wishes with your plants!