The Q&A Archives: Natural Insect Control for Grubs

Question: For the last several years we have been applying a chemical grub killer in August attempting to save our lawn from complete destruction. We understand that we've also killed living matter that is beneficial to our lawn. Our lawn currently has many weeds and mostly clover. In searching on the internet, we found: LAWN GUARDIAN - soil larva parasite
Prod. ID: 2210A

PROACTIVE GRUB CONTROL TO PREVENT GRUB DAMAGE. Beneficial nematodes, are small microscopic worms that infest pest larva in the soil. LAWN GUARDIAN is a mix of two nematodes , one that is close to the surface approx. 3

Answer: Although I am not able to endorse a product and have no personal experience with that particular one, I can tell you that using beneficial nematodes to treat grubs is absolutely acceptable as an alternative to chemical treatments. Here is more information from the Pennsylvania Integrated Pest Management Program you may find helpful. You may need to cut and paste the complete url into your browser to make it work correctly.

Good luck with your lawn!