The Q&A Archives: IVY (heart-shaped)

Question: I've been searching for an ivy houseplant with heart-shaped leaves. Please tell me where I can purchase it. I don't remember the name. It may be:

Answer: There are a number of different ivies with heart shaped leaves, but the closest name to those you listed I have come across in a quick search is "My Heart" -- a named variety of Hedera colchica (although some sources list "My Heart" under the common name category of Persian Ivy) and it is also apparently sometimes called Bullock's Heart Ivy. There seems to be some confusion about "My Heart" in that some sources list it as a form of Hedera helix or English ivy as well. Also, I should mention that it is most commonly sold to southern gardeners as a ground cover plant rather than as a houseplant.

In a quick search I located the following source, Classy Groundcovers,

where it is listed under Hedera c. My Heart. Please understand I have no personal experience with this company, I have simply found the plant in their catalog.

The non profit ivy society might be able to help you as well. Their web site:

Best of luck with your search!