The Q&A Archives: Weeds in my lawn

Question: I purchased Turf Builder w/Summer Guard from HD. It worked wonders, however, I still have weeds and these hudge massive round weeds (not sure of name). What can I or should I do to get rid of them? I have no clue. Please help! Thanks.

Answer: Turf Builder Summerguard is designed to kill insects normally found in the lawn and to green it up and make it more drought tolerant. There are no weed killers in the product - which is why you still have weeds in your lawn.

If you can identify the weeds, you can use a spot treatment (such as 2,4-D for broadleaf weeds), or you can use a weed and feed product this fall, or you can hand dig the weeds. A thick, healthy turf will crowd out most weeds, so once you've gotten them out of your lawn, they should not reappear for quite some time.

Good luck with your lawn!