The Q&A Archives: snow goose flowering tree

Question: My snow goose tree that get's full sun decided one day to start shedding it's leaves, i wondered if my tree was or is sick please help it's one of my favorite trees i have two of them the oldest one by 1 year is doing great until i looked at it today it's leaves are turing yellow

Answer: Prunus 'Snow Goose' prefers consistently moist, well draining soils so I wonder if droughty conditions are contributing to the summer stress your tree is exhibiting. I would water deeply once or twice a week to see if that helps your trees' condition. Aside from watering issues, there's not much that would cause your snow goose to lose its foliage; it is bred to be resistant to most disease problems. Best wishes with your tree.