The Q&A Archives: save atree

Question: I have this red oak I left for two days came back leaves are falling off. I did water before I left town. The leaves have white dots on them. I went to the store and bought some powerfull root stemalater. It cost 13.00 dollers for 1oz. then another bottle 1pt. you use 3 times a week. Do ya'll thinkit will work? signed hopefull. thanks for listing. M.H.

Answer: Michael,

The symptoms you described could be a leaf disease but these usually are not a big problem for the tree and don't need to be sprayed. Try to keep the soil moderately moist but don't keep it soggy wet. I think it will be fine. In early spring fertilize it with lawn fertilizer by applying 1 cup of fertilizer per inch of trunk diameter spreading it evenly beneath the branch spread.