The Q&A Archives: it's a ground cover, green and white/I don't know the name, but I see it every where

Question: how can I keep this ground cover from spreading so fast and all over the place???? it's abt 1 ft talland it blooms similar to a hosta plant

Answer: Based on your description I think you might have the variegated form of Aegopodium. This plant is extremely difficult to control. Begin by cutting off all the flowers to prevent them from setting seed and seeding about. Then use an herbicide containing glyphosate where needed to control it. Read and follow the label directions carefully. Also be prepared to treat the area more than once. The herbicide will be most effective if begun in spring, or you can use it now. To use it now, mow the plant off short so it regrows with tender new foliage, then use the herbicide. Digging it out just does not work, it regrows from any bits of root left behind. Here is more information you might find helpful. You may need to cut and paste the complete url to make it work correctly.

Good luck!