The Q&A Archives: Growing White Birch from Seeds

Question: I am interested in growing white birch (Betula pendula) from seeds... but I am having a very hard time finding a source.. I did not see birch tree seeds in your catalog .. do you carry them?.. if not, do you have any suggestions as to where I might find some?

Answer: You may be able to order seeds from F.W. Schumacher Co, Inc., 36 Spring Hill Rd., Sandwich, MA 02563, ph# 508-888-0659. They generally sell wholesale to nurseryman, but may allow small orders. Their Betula pendula seed ranges in price from $2.30 to $30.50 depending on variety.<br><br>It is difficult to find tree seeds, I suppose because most people don't have the patience to wait for their trees to grow. I hope these folks can help you.<br>