The Q&A Archives: Whats got my Peach Tree??

Question: Leafs on my Peach Tree have little small holes on them..and it covers all the leafs even on the top..can You tell me Please what This may be?I have watered it all year and its very Green..But did not Produce any Peaches this year or last??I planted garlic all around it last year thinking it was worms??
Please help if Ya can..Thanks

Answer: Tamara,

The disease on your peach tree is probably bacterial spot. There isn't a good way to spray and prevent this disease although copper sprays applied late in the season just prior to the loss of leaves and fall have been reported to help. I would suggest you try just keeping the tree adequately water and moderately fed with fertilizer to maintain good figure so the loss of some foliage to the holes is not that detrimental to the tree.