The Q&A Archives: Dwarf Lemon Tree

Question: One more question... my lemon tree looks pretty close to death, so if I have to start over I will - but how do I take care of an indoor lemon tree so that it will produce fruit?

Answer: Like most houseplants, citrus thrive in a normal household temperature range of 70 degrees during day, to 55 to 55 degrees at night. Citrus trees prefer full sun from a southern exposure. If that's not possible, you can supplement the light by installing 40-watt fluorescent shop lights above the plant, keeping it on 14-16 hour a day. As for moisture, you'll need to keep the soil evenly moist and since most interiors are quite dry during the winter months, mist your plant often -- daily if you can. Best wishes with your lemon tree!