The Q&A Archives: Transplant Prayer Plant

Question: I have a prayer plant that is 13 years old. During time the plant has divided into 3 sections, it has alot of dead leaves in all sections. Can you give some advice before I transplant it or does it need to be transplanted? This plant has alot os sentimental value.

Answer: Florence,

I apologize for this delayed reply to your gardening question and hope it is still helpful to you.

Transplanting is up to you. When a plant is more than 3 times the size of the container it should be tranplanted into a larger container. You could also try dividing the plant into 3 plants and repotting each into a new container with fresh potting soil.