The Q&A Archives: Containers in Boston

Question: We are about to put our Boston condo on the market and would like to spruce up our containers outside - they are currently empty - is there anything that I can put in them at this time of year?? I'm not bothered if they don't live long term - i'm happy to replace them in a couple of months if our place has not been sold yet - i'd just rather have something in them to beautify our property a bit!

Answer: You should be able to find some cool-season annuals in your local garden center. Snapdragons, pansies, primroses, stock, even ornamental kale will take late February-April weather in your region. There may be other selections in the nursery. Choose the most colorful and crowd them together so the planter boxes or containers will burst with color.

Best wishes with your sale!