The Q&A Archives: centipede grass

Question: Hello, I have centipede grass and I have some areas that I have recently dug up and the reason I dug up some areas was I had weeds growing thus I got a shover and pulled up the areas. Do I fill in these areas with centipede sod or do I till these areas and just plant seed? I would greatly appreciate your input. Thanks...

Answer: Huey,

I apologize for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

You can either sod or seed the areas. I suggest if they are extensive throughout the lawn you try seeding but if there are not that many try sodding. Now is a great time to do either seeding or sodding.