The Q&A Archives: meyer lemon tree

Question: I am very new to this so I hope you can help me figure this out. I purchased a meyer lemon tree in a container about a year ago. I transplanted it in my yard and I have not seen any leaves on it only the branches and some thorns still grow. It hasn't grown much from when I first purchased it. I guess my question is.. Is my tree dead or am I missing something? Thank you,
Frustrated gardener

Answer: As long as your new tree is getting adequate water (a deep soaking 2-3 times per week during the hottest weather), it should be just fine. I have found that citrus trees take at least a year to become established in their new garden spots and it can take another full year before you see any substantial growth. Just keep your tree watered regularly and I think it will eventually establish and begin to grow for you. Once it does, it will grow by leaps and bounds!