The Q&A Archives: jasminum polyanthum

Question: I have my pink jasmine about maybe a half a foot (maybe a foot I didn't measure) if not more from the porch railing (where I want it to climb). Is that too far or can I trian it to bow towards, then on the railing? Or would I need to buy a cheap wire trellis, or somthing for it to grow on?

Answer: Mary,

I apologize for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

That plant can climb that distance without a problem. Allow the lines to get longer and then if they have a found the porch railing leave them over and tie them to a with some jute twine. They should be able to take it from there.