The Q&A Archives: Umbrella tree

Question: I want a small tree with some character. Doesn't the umbrella tree have the look of an open umbrella and it stays small? If not that, what is that tree called. I have seen one and I don't know what the name of it would be other than that since it resembles an umbrella. Does Home Depot carry this tree?

Answer: Beverly,

I have searched the literature about umbrella tree and find that there are several different trees that may be called umbrella tree. I would need more info to be of further help with this question. Since we are not set up to receive photos you might try taking one to a local Extension Office or botanical garden to see if they can identify it for you. With a proper name I can provide more detail and information.