The Q&A Archives: How do I get rid of what look like small spider in my lawn

Question: We settled in our home last summer, new construction. The front was sodded and the back was seeded. Now its mid-April and the front grass is coming in unevenly but the back does not seem to be growning. When I walk around the house I see what looks like many small spiders in the lawn. What can I do to get rid of the insects. I was told that this use to be a farm before the houses were built

Answer: Without a positive ID of the pest, I really can't suggest a control. I would suggest a licensed pest management pro to inspect and ID the insect. Then they will suggest some treatment options. Many of the pesticides today are much safer than in the past, and some applications such as pyrethrum, and or pesticide soaps. These pesticide alternatives are many times available at local nurseries.
Again please start with proper ID.