The Q&A Archives: how do i get rid of plantin

Question: I have a very insidious type of ground cover creeping its way over my whole yard(from my neighbors yard). My mother-inlaw says its called plantin. how do i get rid of it and keep it from comming back?

Answer: If it is plantain, you can use the herbicide 2,4D which is a broadleaf weed killer. It won't harm grass, but it may harm other plants so use it carefully. Or, you can dig the plants out and then use the edge of a shovel to cut straight down along the property line to keep the plants from creeping over onto your side of the property.

Best wishes with your project!

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Sempervivum Henry Carrevon"