The Q&A Archives: Eugenia Topiary

Question: Is there a link or website dedicated soley to care for this style plant...Oh, by the way, I have the absolute opposite of a green thumb. I know, I'm in over my head :)

Answer: I'm not aware of any websites, but there are probably several books in the library you might want to thumb through. Care of a Eugenia topiary is relatively straight-forward. You'll need to prune it often to help it maintain its form. Usually only an inch of growth needs to be pruned off every few months; if yours is really overgrown you can take up to 3" off at a time, but don't prune much more than that or the center will become bare and the branches and stems won't produce any more foliage. For that reason, I suggest you keep it manicured throughout the growing season.

Hope this information is helpful!